FAQ & Leather Care
Does Bosca offer discount codes or promotional prices?
- Yes, Bosca routinely offers discount codes and promotions, however it is important to note that we are unable to accommodate requests to meet sale pricing for purchases made before or after the sale period. We believe that to do so is unfair to customers who purchased during the sale period. We appreciate all of our customers. We wish to treat all of them well and fairly.
Does Bosca offer a Veteran/Military discount?
- Yes, Bosca is proud to offer both active and former service members 10% off products. Please call customer service to obtain the discount.
- Can I be notified once an item is back in stock?
- As of now Bosca does not have the ability to directly notify customers of product restocks, however it is an issue we’re aware of and are working to improve.
- What is RFID?
- RFID stands for Radio Frequency Identification. This means the product is built with a material layer that protects credit cards, debit cards, and other cards that may be swiped or inserted from potential scammers using magnetic card readers. RFID products are particularly effective for those who regularly take public transit, travel through airports, or are often in crowded spaces.
- Is the wallet or bag I’m looking at RFID protected?
- All Bosca products that include RFID lining will be labeled “RFID” either in the product title, or in the product bullet points found in the item description.
Bosca strives to ship your order as quickly as possible.
- When are Bosca orders delivered?
- Orders are delivered Monday-Friday, excluding holidays, as determined by the carrier and service chosen.
- When can I expect phone requests and orders to be processed?
- Phone requests and online orders are processed Monday-Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm EST.
- Orders placed by 12pm EST generally will ship that same business day but will, in any case, ship within 2 business days. Please account for weekends and holidays.
- Please allow an additional 5-7 business days for personalized / monogrammed orders.
- Responsibility: We will ship your order as described below. The carrier (Fed Ex, UPS, etc) is responsible for delivery.
- When your purchase is shipped we email you confirmation that includes a tracking number. You can track your shipment directly with the carrier.
- The carrier will confirm delivery. Once the product is shipped we have no control over delivery, but we will help you with questions. We do not offer replacement or refund for lost shipment.
- Most carriers normally deliver only on weekdays and non-holidays.
- Bosca does not take responsibility for delivery and we do not offer replacement or refund in the case of a lost or stolen shipment.
- We DO accept responsibility for a product that shows signs of manufacturing defects. Please contact our Customer Service team directly at 1-866-890-5696 or [email protected].
- Delivery will not require a signature unless you make special arrangements. If you wish to require a signature for delivery please make this request by speaking with Customer Service at 1-866-890-5696
Holiday Shipping Schedule
- Does Bosca operate on different holiday hours?
- No. We are a small Company and we do all of the shipping ourselves- no outsourcing to a giant warehouse operation. Our customer service department and warehouse operate during normal business hours on business days.
- During the 2022 holiday season we will be working long hours shipping during business days. The warehouse will be closed weekends as well as December 23, 26, 30, and January 2.
- This year, as always, we offer a free ground shipping service. After December 12, 2022 our carrier does not guarantee delivery by December 23. We offer the following HOLIDAY SHIPPING to get your package to you within your requirements:
- Does Bosca guarantee arrival during the holidays?
- Ground shipping is free as always, but after December 12, 2022 this DOES NOT guarantee delivery by December 23, 2022.
- From December 12, 2022 through December 20, 2022 (12:00pm EST cut-off) we offer a flat rate of $10.00 for which the carrier DOES guarantee delivery by December 23.
- Other faster service levels by UPS are always available. The price that we charge for these services are set by the carriers. These are the published Fed Ex and/or UPS rates.
- From December 20, 2022 at 12:00pm EST to December 22, 2022 at 2:00PM EST only UPS next day service guarantees a delivery by December 23. This service is provided at the published UPS rates. Shipment to the continental United States and free shipping
- For our FREE SHIPPING we use primarily US Postal Service. Delivery is normally within 2-4 days in the continental US but USPS does not guarantee this. We offer free shipment by USPS for all 50 of the United States.
- We also offer UPS ground service at subsidized flat-rate of $10.00. Delivery for UPS ground is also normally 2-4 days but UPS also does not guarantee this.
- For Upgraded UPS services (IE 2-Day, Next Day, etc) we pass along the published UPS rates. This is not a profit center for us. If you have a firm date by which you need your shipment please select an upgraded service.
- For all shipments you will receive an email confirming the shipment of your purchase and providing you with a tracking number and instruction for using this to learn the status of your shipment.
- US Postal Service may leave your package in your mailbox or they may leave the package on a doorstep. We cannot control this. UPS does not ship to a post office box. A physical address is required. UPS will leave your package outside of the physical address.
- Are only products Pre-Sale products?
- No, only products found in the presale section or otherwise noted as presale items are available for presale.
- Are all colors shown on the product pages pre-sale?
- Yes, all colors of labeled presale products are available for presale.
- How long will I wait for my new presale wallet or bag?
- The presales typically run for about 2 weeks only. Our goal is to start delivering your purchases to you within 6 weeks after the close of the pre-sale.
- Will any of the presale products not be made?
- While this is common with pre-sales in this case all items in all colors will be manufactured and delivered to you. But please keep in mind that initial quantities are limited, so don’t wait!
- When will my credit card be charged?
- Because of the way that our system works we will charge your card when the order is placed. You would still be able to cancel prior to shipment should you decide to do so, but in this way, your order is secure, and the production is “locked up” and destined for shipment to you as soon as it is completed.
- Can I order presale and regular purchase products in the same order?
- Unfortunately, our system will not let us do this. Orders for pre-sale items need to be completed separately. Orders for multiple pre-sale products can all be included in one order, but they cannot be mixed with non-presale items. Sorry for the inconvenience!
- Defects and problems with the product when I receive it.
- Your product is hand-made in a (very) small Italian factory, and it is inspected by us in Ohio before it is shipped to you. It is very unlikely that you will receive a product with any kind of a defect, but we want you to be happy. If you have any reason to be dissatisfied please contact our customer service department. They can be reached at:
Fine leather deserves good care. The appropriate treatment of a leather item depends upon its condition, or the degree of deterioration when treatment is started.
Leather detiorates largely by four means
- Oxidation is most readily seen in very old dry leather, with surface cracking and flaking, and over-all weakness. Oxidation will eventually turn leather to dust. Oxidation is reduced by a thorough impregnation with a leather care lotion. Leather items should not be sealed in a display case and forgotten - they must be kept moisturized.
- Chemical damage can be through the effect of ultraviolet light, ozone, acid from sulphurous and nitrous pollutants in the air, or through chemical action following treatment with tallow or oil compounds. Both oxidation and chemical damage occur faster at higher temperatures. Leather should be stored away from heat, and not needlessly exposed to sunlight.
- Internal chafing or breaking of fibers occurs when dry leather is flexed. A lubricant is essential to allow the fibers to slide one against the other. Dry leather should not be flexed prior to thorough lubrication.
- Abrasion can be external, from rubbing on the outside, or internal from dirt particles ground into the leather.
Caring for your Bosca Product
- SURFACE DIRT: Most surface dirt can be removed by gentle wiping with a clean, damp cloth.
- SCUFFS: Lightly rub the marks with your fingers. Often the natural oils in the leather will help buff out small scuffs.
- CLEANING FABRICS: All of our fabrics can be cleaned by using a mild, neutral detergent and warm water solution mixing approximately one teaspoon in one pint of water. A clean, white cloth dampened with this solution should be used to "lift" out the stain by blotting the complete area. Never scrub or brush one particular spot on your bag as this could lighten the color of your fabric. It is best to clean a complete section of the product to achieve a uniform appearance.
- MAINTAINING YOUR BOSCA: New leather is still flexible due to oils left in the leather after the tanning process.